Podcasts By Year2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2007, 2006, Upcoming Shows
Show #175: Kiefer Jones and David Lee ReturnBy: Darrin Snider (darrin at indyintune dot com)
Wednesday, January 21, 2015 5:00:00 PM
|Click to Play or Right-Click/Save As to Download Podcast|
I really need to rethink this "Busiest year Ever" concept. It's only January and I've pretty much scheduled out more podcasts this year that I performed in the last two years combined ... and this only goes to the end of February. Obviously it's not so much doing the live shows and recording. That's the best part. It's the 2-3 hours of editing afterwards, when everybody's gone home that will slowly drive you insane. Oh, and just try to come up with great new adjectives to describe your favorite bands after you've written 175 podcast introductions ... to say nothing of just coming off a year of 365 consecutive blog posts (okay, albeit, with a little bit of cheating). Honestly, I don't know how those "serious journalists" are able to do this kind of thing on a regular basis. And some of them are even funny!
Kiefer Jones and David Lee first wowed us about a year ago when they dropped by and, owing to the fact that they did not have much recorded material, did a quick live set for us in Studio B. This time around they are touting a recently-recorded live set from Birdy's, some cool new merchandise, and a brilliantly run Kickstarter campaign to finance a trip to California (with a purpose) to record their next EP. It's always a treat to catch up with these guys and to hear some of the great new stuff they're working on. Hopefully we'll get a couple more chances before they become too famous for Indy In-Tune.
Links Referenced in the Show:
- Kiefer Jones and David Lee can be found here: Website | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | ReverbNation
- They previously appeared on Show #152.
- David Lee was previously on Show #116 with the band Vessel.
- Most of the tracks from this episode can be heard on David's Live from Birdy's release which you can get at his shows.
- They are currently promoting at Kickstarter campaign to finance their next single/EP project with the legendary Mark Schulman at West Triad Studios.
- Phiri-Films did their introductory video.
- Kiefer recently placed second in Birdy's One Guitar competition.
Local Is Our Genre #002: Tequila Party
Show #176: Werewolf with a Shotgun
|Darrin Snider is the OCD music nerd responsible for creating Indy In-Tune. By day he's a cloud engineer and business analyst, but he still hopes to someday be an overnight freeform disc jockey married to the local weathergirl who happens to be a former eastern-European supermodel.|
Blog comments powered by Disqus