Podcasts By Year2021, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2007, 2006, Upcoming Shows
Show #025: Josh HolmesBy: Darrin Snider (darrin at indyintune dot com)
Tuesday, October 2, 2007 7:30:00 PM
|Click to Play or Right-Click/Save As to Download Podcast|
This is the fifth of seven shows recorded on September 15th at the Kammy's Kause benefit and features Northwest Indiana singer/songwriter/musician Josh Holmes. Along with being the infamous triple threat (possibly quadruple -- I don't know for sure if he dances or not), Josh has some innovative, interesting ideas concerning grass-roots marketing tactics. These are so innovative, in fact, that he's actually gotten radio exposure in serveral out of state markets across the country -- including charting in Hawaii and being featured on national television.
I must admit, one-on-one interviews like this always make me nervous. With a full band, I can generally sit back, say very little, and let the guests play off of each other. Single guests, on the other hand, require a great deal of research, preparation, and planning to determine what topics and questions are going to be most interesting to the audience as well as the interviewee. Fortunately, Josh is a very easy interview who displays a great deal of natural wit, intelligence, and charm as he talks us through four excellent tracks from his last two releases.
Important links from the show.
- Josh Holmes can be found on the Internet here: Web site / MySpace
- His last two CD releases, A Table 4 One and 2nd Generation Loss can be purchased directly from his web store.
- During the natural course of the conversation, Josh and I discovered that we were both students of Professor Glenn Gass when we attended I.U., and we both wholeheartedly recommend his various courses in the History of Rock and Roll.
- Speaking of rock history, Josh recently played his dream gig at the Surf Ballroom in Clear Lake, IA.
- Our Kammy's Kause segment for this episode features a meet and greet with the show's MC, Mike Potempa
- And as with all of these seven shows, we need to thank the following people:
Show #024: Digby
Show #027: Original State of Mind
|Darrin Snider is the OCD music nerd responsible for creating Indy In-Tune. By day he's a cloud engineer and business analyst, but he still hopes to someday be an overnight freeform disc jockey married to the local weathergirl who happens to be a former eastern-European supermodel.|
Blog comments powered by Disqus