Podcasts By Year2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2007, 2006, Upcoming Shows
Show #041: FernheadBy: Darrin Snider (darrin at indyintune dot com)
Thursday, June 18, 2009 7:00:00 PM
|Click to Play or Right-Click/Save As to Download Podcast|
So we took a couple weeks off in there, but rest assured that we were not sitting around twiddling our thumbs and watching crappy VH1 countdowns during that time. Quite the contrary, we managed to record seven new shows, which will be coming about at a rate of about one every four days for the next month or so. Those of you who are observant, or who have a balance of more than 500 "Official Indy In-Tune Cool Points," will be able to listen to those in advance, however.
This week we travel to Locals Only, one of our favorite venues, and pay a visit with Fernhead, who hold down a Tuesday night residency there playing their free from brand of funky, psychedelic, groove-rock. It a great show that varies completely from week to week, features amazing musicians, excellent guest musicians, can't-beat-em drink and food specials to boot, and if you're so inclined and they still have them available, a free CD to take home with you at the end of the night.
Links referenced in the show:
- Fernhead can be found here: MySpace.
- Steve Smith and Jacob Ginnup first met in the Huck Finn band.
- Jacob Ginnup and I eluded to playing sessions together for a legendary unfinished/unheard project, one version of which can be found here. Note that it also features Mark Miller (co-host on Show #018) and Tim Spainhower (who appeared on show #007 and who will soon be returning on show #050).
- As an open-format guest-friendly band, they have been known to play with Matty Riegel of Will Woodrow Project, Scott Kern, Carlos Intriago , Darren Brush, Michael Kelsey, Aaron Chandler, Brad Cummins, Mike Kaschak of Dudes of Lord, and dozens of others.
- Their current CD, Parsing Dichroic, was recorded live at Locals Only in Broad Ripple and can be found on their Reverbnation site. A second CD, Malobar, is available for free at the door if you attend one of their Tuesday night performances there.
- Both CD's were recorded using the Olympus LS-10, which they wholeheartedly endorse for live performance recording.
- Songwriters take note: we will be plugging the Art Beat songwriting contest for the next few shows. Check out their site for rules and to learn more about their voice and poetry contests as well.
- And as always, be sure to create a profile (or log in with your existing profile) at indyintune.com so you can enter our monthly prize pack giveaway.
New Podcast in Town
Show #042: Tonos Triad
|Darrin Snider is the music nerd responsible for founding Indy In-Tune Radio and the Indy In-Tune Podcast. By day he's a cloud engineer, which is fun, but he hopes to be an overnight freeform disc jockey someday.|
Blog comments powered by Disqus