Podcasts By Year2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2007, 2006, Upcoming Shows
Show #046: The World Famous ScrapsBy: Darrin Snider (darrin at indyintune dot com)
Sunday, July 26, 2009 12:00:00 PM
|Click to Play or Right-Click/Save As to Download Podcast|
It may be a cliche, but it's certainly no exaggeration when I say that we've got a fantastic show for you this week. Not only do we have six great tracks from The World Famous Scraps, but also a great interview that is both witty and intelligent. How often does that happen simultaneously around here? Top that off with our favorite co-host, the inimitable Jenn Cristy -- just to add a little sizzle to the show -- and you've got a recipe for an hour of auditory bliss.
The World Famous Scraps (aka: The Scraps ... formerly known as The Binkleys ... occasionally known as Odang) are a three-piece punk/rock/indie band from Bloomington in the fine tradition of anti-establishment, anti-corporate, observational-based lyrics played against an angry tongue-in-cheek barrage of power cords and up-tempo drum bashing. The interview, recorded at the IU Student Union in Bloomington, covers everything from their political and environmental views, to crazy road stories, studio nightmares, roller derby, and a few interesting little personal tidbits that you may find entertaining.
Links referenced in the show:
- The World Famous Scraps can be found here: Website | Myspace | ReverbNation.
- Special Guest Co-Host, Jenn Cristy can be found here: Website / MySpace / Facebook. She has also been the featured guest on Shows #012 and #031, as well as co-Host on Show #024, with a couple more appearances planned for this year. I believe is a record amount of air-time, thus we've officially made her part of the staff here -- which is possibly the only job that pays worse than "Original Music Artist in Indiana."
- The Scraps' CD, The Sacred Right of Property, was recorded at Russian Recorded Studios by Mike Bridavsky and Mike Notaro. It can be purchased from iTunes or listened to on their ReverbNation site.
- The World Famous Scraps serve as mascots for the Bleeding Heartland Roller Girls, who are featured performers on the track Derby Girl.
- They've also been known to support the Daughters of the Bloomington Revolution and the Bloomington Playwright's Project.
- Their music is released under a Creative Commons, non-commercial, attribution, derivative license. Learn more about Creative Commons licensing here.
- Jenn Cristy supports the Irish Lion. In fact, she probably pays their electric bill.
- Musicians: The next "Musician's Meet Up" will be held on Monday, July 27th, 7:00PM, at Shallo's across from Greenwood Park Mall. Details can be found here.
- Podcasters: Don't miss the Indianapolis Podcasters Guild meetup at 7:00 PM at the South Bend Chocolate Cafe in downtown Indy.
- There are only a few short days left to enter the Artbeat Online Songwriter Contest. Deadline is July 31.
- Finally, although I forgot to mention it during the show, Indy In-Tune is a proud sponsor of the 8 Seconds Rock Battle. First round action is this Friday night, July 31, so come out, say "Hi" and watch me go nuts trying to record a marathon of podcasts in one evening.
Show #045: Active Live Infection
Something to Do Tomorrow Night
|Darrin Snider is the music nerd responsible for founding Indy In-Tune Radio and the Indy In-Tune Podcast. By day he's a cloud engineer, which is fun, but he hopes to be an overnight freeform disc jockey someday.|
Blog comments powered by Disqus