Podcasts By Year2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2007, 2006, Upcoming Shows
Show #055: Lost KauzeBy: Darrin Snider (darrin at indyintune dot com)
Saturday, September 26, 2009 7:00:00 PM
|Click to Play or Right-Click/Save As to Download Podcast|
To say Lost Kauze is a band going through a "transitional phase" may be the understatement of the year. I've had several bands go through lineup changes since appearing on the show, a couple have since broken up, and in a couple cases, I'm pretty sure I recorded the band breaking up. Until now, however, the bands have been courteous enough to conduct these transformations after the show is released. The first part of the interview was recorded shortly after the arrival of Craig Baker, replacing founding member Ty Harden. The second part, was recorded a few weeks later -- after Craig departed and was replaced by newcomer Hallie Beddis. Worse still, during that interview, they were in the midst of auditions for still more lineup additions/changes. At that point, I figured I'd best get this episode out and worry about doing "Lost Kauze, Volume 2" once things settled down.
Beyond that, Lost Kauze are a bunch of great guys (and girls) who are a blast to hang out with (a band supplied me with beer for a change, how cool is that?) and put together some kick-ass rock music. Whether you're catching a predominantly cover-based show or one focused on their original material, you definitely won't be let down.
Links referenced in the show:
- Lost Kause can be found here: MySpace | Other MySpace | Web Site | Facebook | Reverb Nation | Garage Band.
- They are preparing to record their next album, "Smoke 'Em If You Got 'Em" with Andy Symons and at The Lodge.
- Brenda, LPN and video star can be seen in the video for My Trampolie. If you've got a decent-paying job for her, contact Lost Kauze.
- You can purchase your official Lost Kauze thong, or other merch, at their Zazzle store.
- Lost Kauze been played on Southern Thunder Radio, where they reached #6 on their top ten list, as well as Toronto's K94 Rocks. They were also Artist of the Week on Kelly McKay's Homegrown Rock Show on 99.5 WZPL.
- The unannounced fifth song on the show is called "Desperately" and was submitted after the interview as an example of some of their latest work.
- You can see video of new lead singer, Hallie, winning Week 4 of the "Can You Rock" contest here.
- The new video project, "Everything's Not Alright," which is open to fans to submit ideas for, can be found here.
- The next Indianapolis Podcaster's Guild meetup will be Monday, September 26th, 7:00 PM at the Yats downtown.
- Our next Musician's Night Out will be Tuesday, October 27th, at BW3 on the south side.
Show #054: Jethro Easyfields
Show #063: Dead Man's Grill
|Darrin Snider is the music nerd responsible for founding Indy In-Tune Radio and the Indy In-Tune Podcast. By day he's a cloud engineer, which is fun, but he hopes to be an overnight freeform disc jockey someday.|
Blog comments powered by Disqus