Podcasts By Year2021, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2007, 2006, Upcoming Shows
Show #047: Dutch RudderBy: Darrin Snider (darrin at indyintune dot com)
Wednesday, July 29, 2009 7:00:00 PM
|Click to Play or Right-Click/Save As to Download Podcast|
Since I started the last two shows with a cliche, let me complete the trilogy by starting this one with the old saying, "Youth is wasted on the young." This week we present Dutch Rudder, a fresh-on-the-scene underground/DIY band that in just a few weeks since forming has already put together quite a bit of original material blending "math rock," hardcore, progressive, jam band, and indie sensibilities into an ambitious sound that mirrors many of the contemporaries in their scene, like Kurt Rambis (Show #036), but with an emphasis of expressing the emotion of a song musically rather than lyrically, and creating elaborate arrangments over showcasing technical wizardry. Basically, it's good stuff, and though the quality of the demo is pretty rough -- recorded in true DIY fashion in a garage with a single microphone -- it's definitely worth checking out.Links referenced in the show:
- Dutch Rudder can be found here: MySpace.
- The first untitled track was intended as a musical tribute to Rick Flair.
- Kidney Stone Keychain is a hreference to Ed, Edd, n Eddie.
- Quentin also works on a side project called Ghostly News: MySpace.
- Dutch Rudder has not yet recorded their first CD, however, they can be found on Last.FM.
- Marcus, among his other talents, is a master at Magic: the Gathering.
- Our promo this evening is for Indy's own Zack the Mothman Daggy and his myriad projects.
- Our next Musicians Night Out will be Tuesday, August 25, at Incredible Pizza near Greenwood Park Mall.
- Indy In-Tune is proud to be a co-sponsor of the 8 Seconds Saloon Rock Battle. Come out and hear the next heat Friday August 21st at 7:00 PM.
- We hope to see everyone at our annual Podcast Marathon at this year's Kammy's Kause. Come out and hear a dozen or so really great bands in an outdoor setting, Friday and Saturday, August 28th and 29th at the American Legion campground in Fortville, Indiana.
- Fellow Indy podcast Crossroad Resonances (MySpace | Web Site) is sponsoring the September to Remember on September 11th and 12th. For details and a list of bands being featured, check out their show.
- The next Indianapolis Podcasters Guild meetup will be Monday, August 24th, 7:00 PM at the Yats downtown.
Something to Do Tomorrow Night
Show #048: Jeremiah Cosner and the Concrete Sailors
|Darrin Snider is the OCD music nerd responsible for creating Indy In-Tune. By day he's a cloud engineer and business analyst, but he still hopes to someday be an overnight freeform disc jockey married to the local weathergirl who happens to be a former eastern-European supermodel.|
Blog comments powered by Disqus