Podcasts By Year2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2007, 2006, Upcoming Shows
Show #063: Dead Man's GrillBy: Darrin Snider (darrin at indyintune dot com)
Sunday, September 27, 2009 7:00:00 PM
|Click to Play or Right-Click/Save As to Download Podcast|
Yeah, I'm not sure what I was drinking during this recording -- in fact, I don't remember drinking much at all until after we were done -- but there seems to be an unusually happy vibe about it compared to the last couple I've edited. Possibly this is the slap-happy result of the podcasting marathon you're about to hear in the upcoming weeks between the 8 Seconds shows, Kammy's Kause, September to Remember, et al. It could also be that, after eight or nine shows in the same two locations, it was good to get out and do something different. I've recorded these in bars, restaurants, coffee shops, studios, and even the back of a van once, but this would be the first done on the hood of my car in a parking lot.
Either way, this week's guest is a good one.
Dead Man's Grill is one of those up-and-coming hard rock/metal bands currently making waves at many of the same contests and battles that I've been engrossed in for the past two months. Their high-energy stage show, uncommon sound, and solid original tunes are getting attention and have more than a few people talking. Subsequent to recording this episode, they won the 8 Seconds Rock Battle, largely based on their rabid, and tastefully-dressed fan base. Can a repeat win at the Battle of Birdy's be far away?
Links referenced in the show:
- Dead Man's Grill can be found here: MySpace | Web Site | Facebook | Twitter.
- They are former guests at Indy ParaCon via Hands-On Music.
- Their 5-Song demo was engineered by Adam White (of ESW - Show #008) at the Pop Machine. It can be picked up at their shows or by contacting them on MySpace.
- The guys will be returning for the finals of the 2009 Rock Battle at 8 Seconds Saloon (of which Indy In-Tune is a co-sponsor) on Friday, September 25th. (Note 09-27-09: They actually won the whole thing, so congrats to the guys!)
- They will also be appearing at the Battle of Birdy's at Birdy's Live on Friday, October 2.
- You can get T-Shirts and other cool schwag at their Merch Store.
- As we mentioned, the Music Mill is returning in mid-October.
- The next Indianapolis Podcaster's Guild meetup will be Monday, October 26th, 7:00 PM at the Yats downtown.
- Our next Musician's Night Out will be Tuesday, October 27th, at BW3 on the south side.
Show #055: Lost Kauze
Show #058: Shadyside Allstars Return
|Darrin Snider is the music nerd responsible for founding Indy In-Tune Radio and the Indy In-Tune Podcast. By day he's a cloud engineer, which is fun, but he hopes to be an overnight freeform disc jockey someday.|
Blog comments powered by Disqus