Podcasts By Year2021, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2007, 2006, Upcoming Shows
Crossroad Resonances In-Tune #000By: Darrin Snider (darrin at indyintune dot com)
Saturday, August 8, 2009 12:00:00 PM
|Click to Play or Right-Click/Save As to Download Podcast|
Indy In-Tune is about to release it's fiftieth episode. Fifty! Though you're not supposed to make a big deal about these things by doing the obligatory clip show or whatever, I can't help but take just a little breather here. Fifty! That's That's 3000 minutes of material; 139 different musicians; 181 songs; 2.4 Gigabytes of MP3 goodness; and I don't even want to begin to think how many hours of editing.
On the other end of the spectrum, Crossroad Resonances is about to release it's fifth episode. Having been there, let me tell you that #5 is a lot harder than #50 to get out. By the fifth episode, most podcasters are just coming out of the learning curve and self-conscious criticism phase and entering into the a malaise that I generally refer to simply as: "Is anybody listening to this?"
It seemed only natural that, seeing as how we were both at the same bar with a bunch of recording equipment, some musician friends, a bunch of beers, and time to kill, that we try to energize both our respective shows by doing a "Crossover Cast." This is the end result -- a show that is a bit more talky than Crossroad Resonances; contains a bit more variety than Indy In-Tune; and is hopefully still fun to listen to for you guys. If response is good, we hope to do a couple more of these during the year (most-likely when we've got something we need to cross-promote, or when we just happen to bump into each other at a show or something).
In honor of Indy In-Tune's 50th episode, many of the tracks on this show feature former Indy In-Tune guests in something of a "Where are they now?" format, as well as appearances by some artists that will likely be featured on both Indy In-Tune and Crossroad Resonances in the near future.
Links referenced in the show:
- Indy In-Tune can be found here: Web Site | MySpace | Facebook
- Crossroad Resonances can be found here: Web Site | MySpace
- Track 1: "My Life" by Blue Tear features several former Indy In-Tune guests such as Tim Spainhower and Jim Dellarocco (Fabulous Huckleberries), Jacob Ginnup (Fernhead), and Mark Miller (Huck Finn Band and Co-Host on Show #018), as well as Indy In-Tune host Darrin Snider doing a little session work.
- Track 2: "In the Beginning" by Crossroad Resonance host Mike Dyer's Conscious Sleep Project, first featured on Crossroads Resonances Episode #2.
- Track 3: "Watching Over We" by Vilafishburn (Web Site | MySpace). Vilafishburn were guests on Indy In-Tune Show #011.
- Track 4: "My Money" by DJ Koolaid. Also featured on Crossroad Resonances Episode #4.
- Kammy's Kause (Web Site | MySpace) will be held August 27th and 28th at the American Legion Campground in Fortville, IN.
- Details for Crossroad Resonances September to Remember can be found here.
- Track 5: "Stellar Cove" by Shadyside Allstars (Web Site | MySpace). Shadyside Allstars were guests on Indy In-Tune Show #021.
- Indy In-Tune is proud to co-sponsor the 2009 Rock Battle at 8 Seconds Saloon. Next round of action is Saturday, August 21st.
- Track 6: "Seeing Red" by Civilian. Civilian also appeared on Indy In-Tune Show #051.
- Track 7: "Assload of Pancakes" by ESW (Web Site | MySpace). ESW were guests on Indy In-Tune show #009.
Show #049: Branch Gordon
Show #050: Tim Spainhower
|Darrin Snider is the OCD music nerd responsible for creating Indy In-Tune. By day he's a cloud engineer and business analyst, but he still hopes to someday be an overnight freeform disc jockey married to the local weathergirl who happens to be a former eastern-European supermodel.|
Blog comments powered by Disqus