Podcasts By Year2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2007, 2006, Upcoming Shows
Show #061: Landon KellerBy: Darrin Snider (darrin at indyintune dot com)
Sunday, October 25, 2009 7:00:00 PM
|Click to Play or Right-Click/Save As to Download Podcast|
Our series of five shows from Kammy's Kause 2009 continues this week with a visit from Landon Keller. This one was a bit of a surprise. I had not actually heard of Landon before seeing the schedule for this year's show ... to say nothing of his music. I had checked around with some of the people behind the scenes, and most described him as, "Oh, some guy. We saw his show at such-in-such a place. Good stuff, and he was really super cool, so we invited him to come out and play."
Okay, not that there are ever any bad bands on the Kammy's Kause schedule, but Landon and band are a heck of a lot more than advertised. About three bars into his first number, it was pretty obvious they had chops, and while the smooth grove style sounds simple, it takes a degree of precision and competence that only a few bands can pull off with the consistency and confidence that these guys do. Landon's show dates (that we could find) are a bit sparse at the moment, but with one album down and another coming in the next few months, you still have plenty to sing along with.
Links referenced in the show:
- Landon Keller can be found here: MySpace | Twitter | Facebook | Web Site (Coming Soon).
- Father/drummer, Bobby Keller, once toured with Gary Lewis and the Playboys.
- The song Bonnarah, is dedicated to the Bonaroo Music Festival.
- Their first CD, Curiosity, can be purchased from CD Baby, iTunes, Music Station in Avon, Luna, 6 Strings Down in Plainfield, and certain Borders Books.
- Their Second CD, Impact, is currently being finished up at Lightning Struck Studios by Mike Perry.
- Landon is also working on a project called The Hippie Seed.
- He has previously worked with Brent Copeland and the ACP Band.
- The band would like to thank Hidden Relic Productions for their support.
- This is the fourth of five shows recorded at Kammy's Kause 2009.
- Don't forget to check out indiestoreradio.com, who now carries Indy In-Tune three nights a week as part of their regular programming.
- Don't miss our (possible) first attempt at a live video stream of two podcasts. Friday night around 7:00.
Show #060: The Twin Cats
Whatever Happened to Fridays and So Slow...
|Darrin Snider is the music nerd responsible for founding Indy In-Tune Radio and the Indy In-Tune Podcast. By day he's a cloud engineer, which is fun, but he hopes to be an overnight freeform disc jockey someday.|
Blog comments powered by Disqus