Podcasts By Year2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2007, 2006, Upcoming Shows
Show #075: Podcast Battle 2010 Winners' CircleBy: Darrin Snider (darrin at indyintune dot com)
Sunday, August 15, 2010 7:00:00 PM
|Click to Play or Right-Click/Save As to Download Podcast|
I promise this will be the last time we plug the 2010 Podcast Battle of the Bands -- mostly because it's time to start thinking about the 2011 Battle. However, when you get a one-time billing of the first and second place winners, at our favorite local music venue, for a nice round Show number like #075, and the opportunity to squeeze one more podcast in before going on paternity leave, you have to jump at it. This impromptu show is pretty much without a set format and contains all the general chaos you would expect from having two complete bands (plus a special guest) on at the same time during a quite noticeable sound check that required various people to drop in and out during the course of the show. And, as if that weren't enough, we get brand-spanking new tracks from both of these these top local acts to sink our ears into. So you can tell at least I had a good time, though from an editing standpoint, I probably won't be trying this again any time soon.
There isn't much that can be said about these bands that I haven't said already. Whoa!Tiger continues to be a fan-friendly machine with the release of their new EP, and the "Al Paurazas Experience Featuring Jenn Cristy" is quickly breaking into bigger and better things, having spent most of the summer touring up and down the east coast and northern part of the midwest, followed by the release of a new single that is a bit of a departure song, but still really good music. Whenever we get together with either of these groups, it's always a good time, and putting them both together for an informal chat over a couple of beers and half a dozen microphones made for a very special evening the likes of which we're not likely to see again for some time.
Links referenced in the show:
- As a visual aid, you can view photos of this episode being recorded on our photo album.
- Whoa!tiger can be found here: MySpace | FaceBook. They first appeared on Show #035.
- Jenn Cristy can be found here: Web Site | MySpace | Facebook | Twitter | Reverb Nation.� She also appeared as a guest on Show #012, Show #031, and Show #062, as well as being a guest host on numerous other shows.� Consult the search feature on Indy In-Tune for her complete appearance list.
- This show represents an impromptu double-billing of the winner and runner up of the Blue Square Sound/Indy In-Tune 2010 Podcast Battle of the Bands.
- Whoa!Tiger's newest EP, Long Road to Reason, is now available via their MySpace page or at their shows.
- It was recorded at Blue Square Sound and produced/engineered by Joanne Phillips.
- Jenn Cristy's new single, Nevermind, is a download-only release available at most of the usual suspects (iTunes | Rhapsody | Napster)
- The promotional poster we mentioned in the show, designed by Dan Janke, can be seen here.
- You can see videos of Jenn's X103 appearance on her Youtube Channel.
- As an added bonus, with permission, we've included the sound check of Whoa!Tiger doing "Sweet Jenny" with w/Jenn Cristy on backup vocals. This is just the sound check inadvertently recorded when the podcasting gear was left on (the sound check actually occurs in the middle of the show). As such, it's not the greatest quality for a live recording, however you can see a video of the actual, live performance from later that night on YouTube.
Show #074: Chad Mills Returns
"The Instruction" to Play Melody Inn
|Darrin Snider is the OCD music nerd responsible for creating Indy In-Tune. By day he's a cloud engineer and business analyst, but he still hopes to someday be an overnight freeform disc jockey married to the local weathergirl who happens to be a former eastern-European supermodel.|
Blog comments powered by Disqus