Podcasts By Year2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2007, 2006, Upcoming Shows
Show #092: The MichaelsBy: Darrin Snider (darrin at indyintune dot com)
Sunday, December 12, 2010 7:00:00 PM
|Click to Play or Right-Click/Save As to Download Podcast|
Surprisingly, you get very little actual feedback when you do a podcast like this one. Oh sure, there are the death threats every time I change the format of the show or use improper grammar in a sentence, and of course there are the people that download the show the minute it comes out and rave about how great it is, even when I know I sucked eggs on the particular episode they're talking about. It's probably safe to discount these two extremes. For me, what is particularly rewarding is when a great local performer, like Brett Wiscons, gives us the scoop and lets us world-premiere his latest project not just once, but three times over. I'm not sure what help I actually am to him, and there is no real way to track whether any of his fans found him via Indy In-Tune, but it's nice that he includes us in his CD release ritual.
This time around, Brett Wiscons and Jon Shoulders give us five tracks from The Michaels' first release. Anyone who has seen the duo perform around town already knows how good they are, though they may not be overly familiar with their original material. Fans of Great Scott and Brett Wiscons' solo EP will no doubt find a lot of familiar ground in this album, however Jon's contribution as both a songwriter and performer add a strong new musical dynamic to the already great singer/songwriter aesthetic. Of the three "Great-Scott!-related" releases we've covered on the show, this one is definitely my favorite.
Links referenced in the show:
- The Michaels can be found here: Myspace | Facebook | Twitter
- Brett Wiscons previously appeared on Show #010 with Great Scott! and Show #073 as a solo artist.
- Their new CD, The China Club EP will be available at the usual suspects -- we'll add links here as they become available (Diggstation | eMusic.com | CD Baby)
- It was recorded at the Music Garage by Chris Woodcock.
- The Michaels recently played the Vogue opening up for the BoDeans
- The CD release party will be at Moe and Johnny's Bar and Grill on December 16th, at 7:30 PM
- You can also catch them on December 23rd (2010) at Chatham Tap, formerly Fionn MacCools, in Fishers.
- The CD artword was done by local graphic artist, Jeremy Selzer
- They will be appearing on Indystyle TV on December 14 at 9:00 AM
- This will be followed by an in-store performance and autograph signing at the Barnes and Noble at IUPUI 12/14/10 at 11:00 AM
- If you would like a tote bag, or a t-shirt, mug, mousepad, or whatever, and you don't have time to make three appearances on the show, you can purchase them for yourself at the Indy In-Tune schwag store.
Show #090: Mansuper
Show #093: Pres Maxson Returns
|Darrin Snider is the founding music nerd responsible for Indy In-Tune Radio and the Indy In-Tune Podcast. By day he is a business analyst and recovering software engineer, which is fun, but he hopes to downgrade to overnight FM disc jockey someday.|
Blog comments powered by Disqus