Podcasts By Year2021, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2007, 2006, Upcoming Shows
Show #110: No Pit CherriesBy: Darrin Snider (darrin at indyintune dot com)
Wednesday, July 11, 2012 6:00:00 PM
|Click to Play or Right-Click/Save As to Download Podcast|
Well, now, here's something new and interesting on top of something else new and interesting. It's been a big month for Indy In-Tune. We've remodeled "Studio B" to make it fit for human occupation again. We've started an on-line radio station to stream the music of our fair city to you 24/7, along with a big fat RIAA/DMCA exemption, courtesy of Live365.com. And, combining the two, we give you this: Our first live-streaming, interactive podcast available in both audio AND video format. Okay, so the audio was pretty well attended, the video had a couple of followers, and nobody actually submitted a question or comment in real time, but it was still very cool that someone could have done it if they wanted to.
Did you miss it? Well, then you just get this download that talks about all the "live coolness going on," but trust us, it was cool.
The guinea pigs for this grand experiment were No Pit Cherries, one of the up-and-comers generally associated with Indy's South Side scene, and occasionally making a few waves in other parts of the city. They feature a diverse background of styles, influences, and experience that gets channeled into energetic rock and roll that is sure to appeal to anyone who is jaded by the sterile sameness of popular music today. Add to that the fact that these are five completely different, but all genuinely wonderful personalities, and you've got the makings of a ensemble-cast for a potential hit sitcom, if not a great rock band.
Links referenced in the show:
- No Pit Cherries can be found here: Facebook | Twitter | ReverbNation
- They are managed by Jonathan for Aristocraddict Music, who does a fantastic job of keeping the band, and me, on our toes. Press kits, people, press kits.
- Rocky Rodriguez and Seth Chambers are both graduates of Decatur Central High School. (Yeah, I know it's not really a relevant reference, but I'm lacking for links in the show notes this week.)
- Their first EP is currently in pre-release and available at their shows. Look for the release party soon.
- It was recorded by Brian Keller at Love Studios in Avon, Indiana.
- Their next gigs will be Friday, July 13th at Lizards along with Coy Koi and Bizarre Noir. And the Doghouse in Browsburg with Veseria and Verdent Vera.
Show #109: The Michaels Return
Show #111: Voodoo Sunshine
|Darrin Snider is the OCD music nerd responsible for creating Indy In-Tune. By day he's a cloud engineer and business analyst, but he still hopes to someday be an overnight freeform disc jockey married to the local weathergirl who happens to be a former eastern-European supermodel.|
Blog comments powered by Disqus