Podcasts By Year2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2007, 2006, Upcoming Shows
Show #114: The Last Good YearBy: Darrin Snider (darrin at indyintune dot com)
Saturday, August 25, 2012 8:00:00 PM
|Click to Play or Right-Click/Save As to Download Podcast|
Special treat for you this week: an action-packed show featuring fun, frivolity, and the kind of music that, no matter how bad a mood you're in, makes you nod your head and pound your fist in the air in defiance. The Last Good Year is one of those in your face rock bands that encompasses everything that the genre implies -- crunchy guitar riffs, a rhythm section that gets you moving, and vocals that convey the raw power of emotion, grab your attention, and
command you to steal your childrens' money ... er ... ummm ... and drag you in to the song. Had a great time hanging out with these guys, spinning some tunes, and talking about the trials and tribulations of tours, sponsorships, hitting on bartenders, and winning just about every competition the band has ever entered -- or at least earning a pretty damned impressive trophy case of victories over the years.
Links referenced in the show:
- Last good year can be found here: Web Site | Facebook | Reverbnation | Myspace | Twitter | Youtube
- Co-host, Aaron Patrick, has previously appeared with Vilafishburn on Show #011 and Show #104
- Steady Road single can be purchased here: Amazon | iTunes
- The eponymous 2008 album can be found: here Amazon | iTunes | CDBaby
- The band's Steady Road Tour is made possible through the efforts and support of Xtreme Vehicle Designs, Meineke, Job Site Supply, and Fanimation who did have a fan featured in the movie iRobot.
- Yes, they are the Nascar of indie rock.
- The Ballad of William and Maxine Tribute video can be found here.
- Does anybody remember the dark times when the Patio became Rouge and then became Spin?
- For those of you who didn't get the reference, we bring you the Duke LaCrosse Party in pictures.
- Special shout out to Dial One and apologies to Ben Franklin for the impromptu advertising.
- Steve Byroad is a big fan of Dale Earnhart, Jr. -- possible a bit too big of a fan.
- Additional apologies to Stereo Deluxe -- we actually do love them.
- The Last Good Year's web site was designed by Katie Moon of Fidamo Photography.
- Finally, Aaron gives you the Last Good Beer.
Show #113: The New Guilt
Show #115: Brandon Bowman
|Darrin Snider is the OCD music nerd responsible for creating Indy In-Tune. By day he's a cloud engineer and business analyst, but he still hopes to someday be an overnight freeform disc jockey married to the local weathergirl who happens to be a former eastern-European supermodel.|
Blog comments powered by Disqus