Podcasts By Year2021, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2007, 2006, Upcoming Shows
Show #118: Shadyside Allstars ForeverBy: Darrin Snider (darrin at indyintune dot com)
Sunday, September 23, 2012 5:00:00 PM
|Click to Play or Right-Click/Save As to Download Podcast|
When I first spoke to Jack Barkley about interviewing our mutual friends, Shadyside Allstars, he enthusiastically offered to go back and listen to the old shows in order to avoid asking the same questions that have already been asked. This made me chuckle. I think I've probably asked Shadyside a few questions over the past six years ... but have they actually answered any of them? No, this is a band you just wind up like a top, then let go. To date, there has been very little point in trying to plan or structure around them. I just think of my time with them as being like one of their infamous jams -- there are sections, and cues to move on, but no real planning involved. Not wanting to spoil the surprise, I told Jack not to worry so much with research, since it's been a few years, and who's really going to remember little details like a duped question anyway? Oh yeah, podcast listeners are. That's right, the same batch of rainmen who call me out every time I off-handedly mention an old show and give the wrong show number. I mean, yeah, I can recite the show number of just about every Star Trek, but that's actually important stuff.
Well, sorry to disappoint, but we did dupe a few questions this time around, however we did, in fairness, actually get serious answers, and a pretty decent debate about whether it's better to play to technical correctness or to what the audience will better identify with. Honestly, I thought the allure of actually being live, with a video feed, and free alcohol would have pushed this one over the edge, and really it did, though thanks to the miracle of editing (this was originally a two and a half-hour interview, remember), we actually ended up with something coherent, intelligent, and in places, quite educational.
Links referenced in the show:
- Shadyside Allstars can be found here: Web Site | Facebook | Twitter | Sonic Bids | Reverb Nation | MySpace
- They made their first appearance back on Show #021 and their second on Show #058.
- Co-host, Jack Barkley, is known as the vocalist of the band Whoa!Tiger and has previously appeared on Show #035 and Show #075.
- Their first album, Shadyside Allstars is available on Amazon, Napster, Rhapsody, iTunes, and CD Baby.
- They are regulars at Summer Camp Festival and Bean Blossom.
- Shadyside Allstars were the anchor band at the Indy In-Tune Radio Kickoff Party and Podcast Concert on August 31 at Birdy's. And, you really should have been there to see that.
Show #117: The Sweetest Condition
Show #119: Eyes on Fire
|Darrin Snider is the OCD music nerd responsible for creating Indy In-Tune. By day he's a cloud engineer and business analyst, but he still hopes to someday be an overnight freeform disc jockey married to the local weathergirl who happens to be a former eastern-European supermodel.|
Blog comments powered by Disqus