Podcasts By Year2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2007, 2006, Upcoming Shows
Show #119: Eyes on FireBy: Darrin Snider (darrin at indyintune dot com)
Tuesday, October 16, 2012 8:00:00 PM
|Click to Play or Right-Click/Save As to Download Podcast|
Indy In-Tune Radio continues to take off, with audiences tripling on average beginning with the official kickoff party. Since that time we've added our first two show hosts, the inimitable Mia Kileen with the Rock Show (Thursdays at 8:00 PM) and Anita Vokill with the experimental electronic Return to Space (Friday's at 10:00 PM), and there's still more to come. On the ratings front, we've been a consistent top-ten Indie-Rock station, solidly on the front page of that Live365.com category, and in the top 15-20% overall. Now, to put this in TOTAL perspective ... the lowest-rated major radio station in Indianapolis is WXNT-AM with just under a half-share. If we compare that (conservatively) to our "unique streams opened," then they still have about 30 times our audience. So ... still a hobby this month.
This weeks show marks the second one brought to me by the legendary Levar Johnson from The Music Mob. This time Eyes on Fire treats us to a sneak peek at their upcoming eponymous release a few months ahead of time. Comprised of five long time veterans with an impressive resume between them, the band is a solid hitting outfit that commands a loyal following and are staples of Indy's Heavy Metal scene. If the material featured tonight, and the comments on their latest video are any indication, this phenomenon is not limited to the metro area, either. Expect big things from them over the next year.
Links referenced in the show:
- Eyes on Fire can be found here Web Site | Facebook | Reverb Nation | Twitter | YouTube
- They emerged from the remnants of the band Dystalis.
- Their first release, Anger to Ashes, recorded with the old lineup, is available here: Amazon | CD Baby
- The material from this podcast is from their upcoming album, and can be found on Soundcloud. It is being produced by Bone Thronburg at Threshhold Studios.
- The video for When I Die was directed by Adam Shewmaker and is available on their YouTube Page.
- It was filmed at the Alladin Lamp Factory in Alexandria, Indiana.
- This interview was powered by Lomza Pelne Polish Malt Liquor, as the magic fridge is currently running low on magic.
- Catch them January 25 at the Vogue playing in support of I, Exist's CD release party.
Show #118: Shadyside Allstars Forever
Show #120: Goliathon Returns
|Darrin Snider is the OCD music nerd responsible for creating Indy In-Tune. By day he's a cloud engineer and business analyst, but he still hopes to someday be an overnight freeform disc jockey married to the local weathergirl who happens to be a former eastern-European supermodel.|
Blog comments powered by Disqus