Podcasts By Year2021, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2007, 2006, Upcoming Shows
Show #124: Katie TrottaBy: Darrin Snider (darrin at indyintune dot com)
Sunday, October 28, 2012 5:00:00 PM
|Click to Play or Right-Click/Save As to Download Podcast|
I suppose its fair to say that this is another of those interviews I've been waiting almost seven years to do. Back when I first started Indy In-Tune, Katie Trotta was a name on just about every singer/songwriters lips. It seemed like whenever the subjects of "Who do you like around town?" and "You know who you should get on your show?" came up, Katie was on that short list. Suffice to say, that didn't happen. Katie was on the fast track out of town and on to bigger and better things -- first to Berkley, then to Austin, and finally to Nashville. What? Our local music scene not good enough for her? Sure, it's sort of bittersweet when we lose talent like that, but on the other hand, wouldn't it be great if one of our local heroes broke the big time?
Recorded in the midst of her Kickstarter fundraiser, this long-awaited interview -- conducted remotely via Skype from the palatial Trotta estates in Nashville, TN -- we get a glimpse into music scenes outside of our own, and a candid look into Katie's life, songwriting process, and some of the trials and triumphs of self-funding a major recording project in a town rife with recording projects. We look forward to meeting up with Katie again when she returns to Indy early next year for her CD release party. Maybe we'll get to do something special for that.
Links referenced in the show:
- Katie Trotta can be found here: Web Site | Facebook | YouTube
- Her latest album, "A Few Songs About Love," is availale here: iTunes | Amazon | CDBaby
- She is a graduate of Berklee School of Music.
- "Shouldn't Be Thinking About You" was co-written with Savannah Giersch.
- Here's Ruby, which we discussed during the interview.
- She did of course meet her goals for her Kickstarter funding and will soon start work on her next release, "Twenty Something."
- Katie lists her Demo Sessions CD as her favorite, and most representative of her work.
Show #123: Black Market Binary
Show #125: Great Scott! Returns
|Darrin Snider is the OCD music nerd responsible for creating Indy In-Tune. By day he's a cloud engineer and business analyst, but he still hopes to someday be an overnight freeform disc jockey married to the local weathergirl who happens to be a former eastern-European supermodel.|
Blog comments powered by Disqus