Podcasts By Year2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2007, 2006, Upcoming Shows
Show #125: Great Scott! ReturnsBy: Darrin Snider (darrin at indyintune dot com)
Tuesday, October 30, 2012 5:00:00 PM
|Click to Play or Right-Click/Save As to Download Podcast|
Interesting show for you this week, this one was really more geared as less of a podcast and more of a live promotional spot for the Great Scott! Ten-Year Reunion Show. Since Brett Wiscons now holds the record for most appearances by a guest on Indy In-Tune with five, and drummer Jason Kuykendall has now joined the elite three-peat club, there really wasn't much point in going with the full-blown interview and getting in depth discussing the current and future state of a band that is, essentially, defunct.
Don't let that deter you from giving it a listen however, particularly if you're a Great Scott! fan, since we do play four rare, unreleased tracks from the band's aborted second album, and do our fair share of storytelling, confessionals, and generally random goofiness that is the stuff I really prefer doing to the straight question/answer format.
Links referenced in the show:
- Great Scott! can be found here Facebook | Reverb Nation | Twitter | Tumblr
- The band first appeared waaaay back on Show #010.
- Brett and another GS! alum, Jon Shoulders currently play as The Michaels, (Facebook | Twitter | ReverbNation) and have made two appearances on the show (Show #092 and Show #109).
- Brett also appeared on Show #073 as a solo artist.
- Jason left Great Scott! to become the drummer for Glass Halo, which later became And Away They Go (Web Site | MySpace | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube).
- Supportig 10-year reunion show at the Vogue last October 12 featuring Chad Mills and The Connect, formerly 40% Steve
- It would seem Andy Cool moved to L.A. on us and is currently doing bass duties for a band called The Grunge Monkeys.
- Yes, we really do sell tote bags, as well as shot glasses, flasks, T-shirts, and all manner of merchandise at the Indy In-Tune schwag store.
- Tracks from this episode come from an abandoned Great Scott! project recorded four years ago at The Lodge Studios by Corey Miller.
- In their heyday, GS! played The Warped Tour and Virginia Beach.
- They got their start when members met at Marian University.
- This episode was fueled by Sam Adams Dunkelweisen and Octoberfest.
- Sheboygan is, in fact, in Wisconsin.
- The GS!10 Reunion Show is sponsored by Indy In-Tune, Red Stripe beer, and Mustache Rides.
- The show premiered on opening night of the Broad Rripple Music Fest.
- When in St. Martin, Brett recommends that you try the Presidente beer.
Show #124: Katie Trotta
Show #126: Jethro Easyfields Returns
|Darrin Snider is the founding music nerd responsible for Indy In-Tune Radio and the Indy In-Tune Podcast. By day he is a business analyst and recovering software engineer, which is fun, but he hopes to downgrade to overnight FM disc jockey someday.|
Blog comments powered by Disqus