Podcasts By Year2021, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2007, 2006, Upcoming Shows
Show #143: InfamousBy: Darrin Snider (darrin at indyintune dot com)
Monday, March 18, 2013 5:00:00 PM
|Click to Play or Right-Click/Save As to Download Podcast|
Amazing the kind of stuff that goes on right in your own neighborhood without you even knowing it. I mean, I like to think I have my finger on the pulse of the Indianapolis music scene. I'm known in just about every circle, I'm welcomed at punk shows, hip hop shows, metal shows, and everything in between. I've cracked the DIY scene and gone underground to basement shows that few know about. I've even learned the lingo of that economy and I'm secretly trying to work out a currency exchange and futures market for it, because I would love to have an endless supply of nutter butter cookies flowing to my house as dividend payments ... you know, so I don't have to go to the store to get them.
I was completely unaware, however, that I had metal band with 3000 Facebook followers living in my neighborhood, going to school with my daughter, and regularly drawing enviable crowds at a popular teenage hangout less than a mile from my home. Well, at least until a friend of mine brought it to my attention. Believe me, if you think your daughter has issues with you now, wait 'til you invite her peers over to the house to play "radio" in the basement. I don't want to say it's socially awkward or anything, but few other girls probably have these issues if you stop to think about it.
Links referenced in the show:
- Infamous can be found here: Facebook | Reverbnation | YouTube | Twitter
- The incessant beeping you hear is the alert that goes off whenever someone connects to the webcam. They set a record that pretty much crashed my server that night, as you can hear.
- Their latest EP, Hold Your Apathy, is available at Axis Mundi and Indy CD and Vinyl, or get a digital copy at Amazon or iTunes.
- It was produced by Mike Lyons and Ryan Atkins at Azmyth Recording.
- They won seven awards at the Best of the Best: Indy's Local Music Awards contest including: Best Overall Band, Best Metal Band, Best Lead Guitarist, Best Drummer, Best Rhythm Guitarist, Best Bassist and Best Vocalist.
- The following month they won the Gorilla Music Battle of the Bands.
- They are looking forward to playing Rockapalooza.
- Interested parties can watch the entire Guns and Roses Play the Ritz (1988) concert on YouTube.
Show #142: Jenna and Tony Epkey
Show #144: Stealing Volume
|Darrin Snider is the OCD music nerd responsible for creating Indy In-Tune. By day he's a cloud engineer and business analyst, but he still hopes to someday be an overnight freeform disc jockey married to the local weathergirl who happens to be a former eastern-European supermodel.|
Blog comments powered by Disqus