Podcasts By Year2021, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2007, 2006, Upcoming Shows
Show #146: Finer ForeverBy: Darrin Snider (darrin at indyintune dot com)
Sunday, April 28, 2013 5:00:00 PM
|Click to Play or Right-Click/Save As to Download Podcast|
From the first time I met Stacy and Ethan of Finer, at a battle of the bands around 2008, I knew I liked them. I mean, how can you not? They're smart, funny, talented, and two of the nicest people you'd ever want to meet. This business of selling the house, quitting the job, and packing up to take the music on the road for a living though? I don't think I can convey enough how much I respect the level of confidence, and courage, it must take to do that. I mean, I've been doing this for seven years, and while I would love for a day of work to consist of something like doing a morning zoo broadcast at dawn, recording a podcast in the afternoon, schlepping around the city to catch bands seven nights a week, then getting home just in time for a late-night talk show for the insomniacs in the style of Bob Fass, I've never quite had the guts to give up that exciting career in the fast-paced world of computer programming that has kept a roof over my head for the last couple of decades.
Stacy and Ethan, though? They went out after it. I caught up with them on a pass back through town for their third appearance here on the show, and of course, as they are apt to do, they brought along new musical friends to introduce all of you to (you'll meet California rocker's Gallo in next week's show). So what's the skinny? Is it surf and truf from room service and trashing hotel rooms with Katie Perry every night? Or is it living off M&M's and sleeping in the trunk of the car? Any regrets? Any suggestions for other aspiring road warriors? All these questions, and more, will be answered.
Links referenced in the show:
- Finer can be found here: Web Site | MySpace | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Tumblr
- They were formerly guests on Show #039 and Show #080. Stacy also appeared as guest host interviewing The Post Script on Show #078
- They've gotten help and advice with their tour from Indieonthemove.com.
- They talk a lot about how great the band Gallo is. Don't worry, you'll meet them next week on Show #147.
- Their Latest Record, My Heart is Bold is available here: iTunes | Amazon
- They are influenced by the visual appeal of Avatar: The Last Airbender.
- Clif Bars are the staple food of Finer when on the road.
A Little Voodoo, Some Bearded Women, and No Shame
Show #147: Gallo
|Darrin Snider is the OCD music nerd responsible for creating Indy In-Tune. By day he's a cloud engineer and business analyst, but he still hopes to someday be an overnight freeform disc jockey married to the local weathergirl who happens to be a former eastern-European supermodel.|
Blog comments powered by Disqus