Podcasts By Year2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2007, 2006, Upcoming Shows
Show #147: GalloBy: Darrin Snider (darrin at indyintune dot com)
Sunday, May 5, 2013 5:00:00 PM
|Click to Play or Right-Click/Save As to Download Podcast|
As I mention in the show, Stacy Basner has impeccable taste in music and always manages to find me the best bands for the show. Unfortunately, as with the Post Script, she has a tendency to find them about a half-hour before the interview, leaving no time for research or even listening to the band beforehand. Fortunately, she's also an excellent guest host and picks very well-spoken entertaining guests, ensuring that for once you don't have to listen to too much of my voice droning on in this episode.
This time around, Stacy introduces us to Kinski and Rodax, a pair of "tour buddies" of hers from Los Angeles currently going under the band name of Gallo (Pronounced: GUY-oh). These brothers have just release a trilogy of albums: an all-Spanish language record, Fuego, and all-English language record, Phoenix Rising, and a bi-lingual world-beat record, Mamawe. The music is excellent, though somewhat different from what we're used to hearing here in Indy, and I've long lamented that I can count our pop bands on one hand, which seems to me to be an opportunity if there ever was one. I ended up purchasing the trilogy in deluxe form that night, which included posters, stickers, booklets, and a plethora of things I didn't need, but was pretty sure I had to have anyway. No regrets there, I assure you.
Links referenced in the show:
- Finer can be found here: Web Site | Facebook | Soundcloud | Twitter | YouTube
- Co-Host Stacy Basner of the band Finer can be found as a guest on Show #039, Show #080, and Show #146. She previously appeared as guest host interviewing The Post Script on Show #078
- All of their albums are available via iTunes or their web site. I definitely recommend buying them from the web site and getting the deluxe packaging with all of the additional goodies.
- Kinski and Rodax were originally of the band Monte Negro.
- The Red, features Christopher Cester of the band Jet on vocals.
- Mamawe features Graham Nash on vocals.
- For the record it was Stephen Stills who opened up Lucas Oil Stadium, playing along side John Mellencamp.
Donít Let the Moonshine Cry Up the Night
In Depth: Grizzly Music Company
|Darrin Snider is the founding music nerd responsible for Indy In-Tune Radio and the Indy In-Tune Podcast. By day he is a business analyst and recovering software engineer, which is fun, but he hopes to downgrade to overnight FM disc jockey someday.|
Blog comments powered by Disqus