Podcasts By Year2021, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2007, 2006, Upcoming Shows
Show #002: Danny Isaacs BandBy: Darrin Snider (darrin at indyintune dot com)
Sunday, April 23, 2006 5:00:00 PM
|Click to Play or Right-Click/Save As to Download Podcast|
I think it's safe to say we're getting our wind here. We haven't exactly hit our stride yet, but we're definitely starting to get a handle on the technical issues that plagued us in show number 1. Okay, a there are a few volume spikes here an there, but considering there are five mics going during the interview in this one, I think it sounds pretty darned good. Special thanks go out to everybody who wrote in with suggestions, tips, comments, encouragement, and not a single death threat over the last week. Also, special thanks go out to Dennis "Doc" Reeves for helping with engineer and roadie duties on this show.
This week's featured artist is the Danny Isaacs Band, a harder-rocking outfit with a definite Indiana flair that pulls influences from several ends of the musical spectrum. After seeing their show live, it was pretty obvious that these guys have played together for a long time, are very much in synch with each other on stage, and above all, have just a great time playing (and talking about) their music. With the lineup now solidified, and plans to hit the studio this summer, we should expect to see big things coming from these guys in the next year.
Links referenced in the show:
- Our web site (http://www.indyintune.com).
Honestly, I'm going to get some more content up here, just need to find
a few hours to sit down with it. Be sure to leave feedback, or book
your band to be a guest on the show.
- Court throws out RIAA attempt to sue little girl. -- A fun little article I found while looking for the planned article on Electra vs. Barker.
- The Importance of Elektra vs Barker -- Crazy claims like these make me nervous. Now granted, this will probably never pass, but the mere fact that this isn't plastered all over the cover of every major music magazine is really disturbing.
- Who's in Control -- an essay by Mark Fleischmann that will get you all caught up on this RIAA/EFF stuff.
- But enough preachy pseudo-political soapboxy propaganda stuff. One quick promo for for Dave Slusher's Evil Genius Chronicles (another of my favorite music-related podcasts) and it's on with the music...
- Visit the Danny Isaacs Band's official website.
- Samplings of their music are also available on the Danny Isaacs Band MySpace Page.
- Another quick PSA (not preacy propaganda) from the EFF.
Show #001: Brian Deer
Show #003: Extra Blue Kind
|Darrin Snider is the OCD music nerd responsible for creating Indy In-Tune. By day he's a cloud engineer and business analyst, but he still hopes to someday be an overnight freeform disc jockey married to the local weathergirl who happens to be a former eastern-European supermodel.|
Blog comments powered by Disqus