Podcasts By Year2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2007, 2006, Upcoming Shows
Show #003: Extra Blue KindBy: Darrin Snider (darrin at indyintune dot com)
Sunday, April 30, 2006 5:00:00 PM
|Click to Play or Right-Click/Save As to Download Podcast|
I think I'm going to make a concerted effort to stop apologizing for all these technical issues -- particularly those beyond my control. So here goes: this week's interview -- Opulent Records' artist Extra Blue Kind -- was brought to you at great personal risk and grief by the staff at the Indy In-Tune podcast. Well, I say "staff" but really it's Dennis "Doc" Reeves and myself. This time we've braved tornados, golfball-sized hail, and severe thunderstorms; we've suffered through two set ups before finding the only spot in the venue quiet enough to conduct an interview; and we've struggled for hours to edit out coughing, doors slamming, freezers and fluorescent lights buzzing, turntables blaring, people screaming, and a complete disaster of a soundcheck -- featuring feedback, fuzzing mics, amp pops, and all manner of dropped items -- going off in the background.
See, I'm not apologizing for that. Deal with it. Hmph!
Fortunately the music stands by itself. Extra Blue Kind skirt uncharted areas of pop, indie, and alternative music to bring you a fresh approach, unique style, and accessible sound that is sure to take them far in the music industry. We were fortunate to catch them right before a hometown performance at the Nuvo Amped show in the middle of their successful nation-wide tour in support of their new album "The Tide and the Undertow."
We also talk a little about the DMCA 2006 bill soon to be introduced in congress, poke a little fun at the RIAA (but who doesn't really?), and speculate a bit about what might be in store in the upcoming release of Windows Media Player 11.
Links mentioned in this show:
- Progress at last on the Indy In-Tune Website.
- RIAA Nails Family with No Computer -- What's next? Deaf people?
- Congress Readies Broad New Digital Copyright Bill -- Or: When iPods are outlawed, only outlaws will have iPods.
- Vista's Media Player coming to XP this summer -- Could be the next big boom in podcasting ... though my guess is that Microsoft will want to change the name to "WinCasting (TM)" or some such thing.
- Rich Palmer's Audio Gumshoe -- A "music cast" dedicated to the southwestern Ohio music scene.
- Check out the videos and tour blog a the Extra Blue Kind web site
- Also available at EBK's MySpace page.
- Their album, "The Tide and the Undertow" is available online at CD Baby
- And of course, our usual PSA spot for the Electronic Frontier Foundation.
Show #002: Danny Isaacs Band
Show #004: Jeremy Vogt Band
|Darrin Snider is the OCD music nerd responsible for creating Indy In-Tune. By day he's a cloud engineer and business analyst, but he still hopes to someday be an overnight freeform disc jockey married to the local weathergirl who happens to be a former eastern-European supermodel.|
Blog comments powered by Disqus