Podcasts By Year2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2007, 2006, Upcoming Shows
Show #004: Jeremy Vogt BandBy: Darrin Snider (darrin at indyintune dot com)
Saturday, May 6, 2006 5:00:00 PM
|Click to Play or Right-Click/Save As to Download Podcast|
A quick warning to anyone who wants to get into this whole "podcasting gig:" when it comes to audio recording and editing software, you get what you pay for. So avoid the cheap stuff, unless you've a penchant for losing hours of work at a time and constantly starting projects over. I'm not trying to make excuses for why every show thus far has been delivered one day late, I'm just saying if I were a lesser person who used his platform to carry out personal vendettas against software companies that sacrifice quality in favor of cheap labor and nonexistent technical support, we'd never make it to the interview segment.
Speaking of which, this week's show features the Jeremy Vogt Band, and our first outdoor interview on what was quite possibly the first lovely spring night of the year in downtown Indianapolis. Yes, the birds were singing, the breeze was blowing, the helicopters were buzzing us, and the melodic chorus of police sirens at the county lockup were largely edited out. Also edited out were a lot of political espouses, maniacal laughter at the expense of others, and references to a particular species of "snipers." It's not that I don't support such things, quite the opposite in fact, but there just wasn't time for all that AND their wonderful music too. (You just have to have priorities in this business...)
Links Referenced in the show:
- No progress on the Indy In-Tune Website
this week, though a new news page should be up in the next couple of
days, and the long-awaited message board is coming as soon as I have a
free evening to finish it.
- Be Sure to catch CA3 along with Russ Johnson (Choc Soreel/DJ Rusty) of Birdmen of Alcatraz and Mudkids at the Upper Room in Broadripple this week as CA3 kicks of a new music series called Out of their Element
- A promo for The Constant Columbus Podcast who have a really innovative idea for a music podcast that I think we should steal from them next year sometime.
- The Jeremy Vogt Band has requested that everyone sign up to be their friends on their MySpace page.
- Also visit their main web page for the latest tour and band updates and sign up for their email list.
- And be sure to buy their CD at CDBaby
Show #003: Extra Blue Kind
Show #005: CA3
|Darrin Snider is the music nerd responsible for founding Indy In-Tune Radio and the Indy In-Tune Podcast. By day he's a cloud engineer, which is fun, but he hopes to be an overnight freeform disc jockey someday.|
Blog comments powered by Disqus