Podcasts By Year2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2007, 2006, Upcoming Shows
Show #011: VilafishburnBy: Darrin Snider (darrin at indyintune dot com)
Wednesday, February 21, 2007 5:00:00 PM
|Click to Play or Right-Click/Save As to Download Podcast|
Just in from the "better late than never" department, this week's show features the long-promised interview with Vilafishburn, recorded last summer and delayed by the "great laptop meltdown" and subsequent schedule reshuffling. As such, this will be the last of the "old format" shows, with at least the next nine released episodes following the format established in Shows 9 and 10.
interview was recorded in an outdoor patio area in Broadripple, so it
features the usual couple of "rough audio" spots as motorcycles drive
by and jukeboxes start playing RIAA-licensed music a bit too loudly.
Just think of this as "charming ambience" and try to remember what a
muggy 90-degree summer night on "club row" feels like as you deal with
the two feet of snow and sub-zero wind-chills that have plagued
Indianapolis as of late.
Links referenced in the show:
- Vilafishburn can be found here: Web Site / MySpace.
- While you're waiting for their pending full CD to be released, you may still purchase their debut EP, Indian, from CDBaby, or download it from iTunes.
- Or you can enter to win a free copy (generously donated by the band) by filling out our contest form.
- In addition, the band has been collecting accolades on Garageband.com. Drop by their site to hear tracks from the CD, and while you're there, leave them a review or two to tell them what you think of the music. The title track, Indian, has recently dropped from #1 to #2 in the Indianapolis market. Your vote could push it back up to the top of the charts.
- And finally, since it was a burning question in the interview, you may still order both the Atari Flashback and the Atari Flashback 2.0 (used of course) from Amazon.com.
Outgeek the Music Geek
Show #012: Jenn Cristy
|Darrin Snider is the music nerd responsible for founding Indy In-Tune Radio and the Indy In-Tune Podcast. By day he's a cloud engineer, which is fun, but he hopes to be an overnight freeform disc jockey someday.|
Blog comments powered by Disqus