Podcasts By Year2021, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2007, 2006, Upcoming Shows
Show #013: Aether LawBy: Darrin Snider (darrin at indyintune dot com)
Wednesday, March 7, 2007 5:00:00 PM
|Click to Play or Right-Click/Save As to Download Podcast|
Okay, I think we're definitely in a rhythm now and the log-jam of old interviews is finally clearing out. Prepare yourself for a double-shot of shows ... and apologies to those of you who will subsequently hear my voice ringing in your head for the next couple of days. As the saying goes: Face for radio; voice for podcasting.
This show's guest, Aether Law, is a heavier, alternative, experimental rock band that pushes the boundaries of conventional song structures. While you may not see them headlining the biggest venues in Indy (yet...), owing to their insistence on playing almost all original music, don't let that deter you from tracking them down and attending one of their shows. This band's energetic and charismatic stage presence has earned them quite a loyal following that gets larger every time I see them. While they may come off as somewhat laid back and quiet in the interview, they certainly let their music speak loudly when on stage.
Links referenced in the show:
- Aether Law can be found here: MySpace.
- Their latest CD, Phases of Existence, is available for download from iTunes and Rhapsody. You can also obtain a copy by contacting them via their MySpace page.
- For those of you who prefer to support local music merchants, the CD is also available at Karma Records, and Luna Music here in Indianapolis.
- In addition, their song Victim of Circumstance was recently featured on Kelly's Homegrown Buzz on Z99.5, and has since moved up in stature and been played on their regular programming block. So, here's your chance to completely freak out corporate radio program directors by requesting a local artist on the WZPL request line at (317) 228-1099.
- And finally, there is still time to enter to win free CD's from Great Scott!, Vilafishburn, Jenn Cristy, and The Dirty Third. (Okay, the last one isn't technically up for grabs until Show #014 -- in about fifteen minutes -- so consider this a bonus for those of you who subscribe to and read the blog in real-time.) It's a completely random drawing, no strings attached. Sure we've got a simple survey, but we won't even make you fill it out if ya don't wanna.
:: New Retroactive Fees Could Silence Many Small Webcasters
Show #014: The Dirty Third
|Darrin Snider is the OCD music nerd responsible for creating Indy In-Tune. By day he's a cloud engineer and business analyst, but he still hopes to someday be an overnight freeform disc jockey married to the local weathergirl who happens to be a former eastern-European supermodel.|
Blog comments powered by Disqus