Podcasts By Year2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2007, 2006, Upcoming Shows
Show #018: Strange FaceBy: Darrin Snider (darrin at indyintune dot com)
Saturday, May 19, 2007 7:00:00 PM
|Click to Play or Right-Click/Save As to Download Podcast|
Oh, those wacky guys. This week's show is a bit chaotic as you can tell, powered by a bit too much beer and a band that, when I said, "Just be relaxed and conversational," actually took me to heart. So, for the multiple conversations and the people talking over each other, I apologize. The was the largest assembled group I've ever tried to record at once, and already a pretty wild bunch of guys. Thus I didn't even notice the audio jumble until I went in to do the editing.
On the other hand, Strange Face are a great bunch of guys who are a lot of fun to hang around, and who play some kick-ass heavy rock. True to their word they were completely out of control on stage and certainly gave the more-seasoned veterans a run for their money that night. Not to mention, if the six song demo they recorded in a single session is anything to go on, I can't wait to hear what they do when they've got time and money on their side.
This show also marks the beginning of what is planned to be a "occasional two-host format," with my good friend Mark Miller acting as the first guinea pig. This is mostly to keep energy levels up, add a little variety to interviews (which even I'll admit are becoming somewhat patterned), and ensure that Indy In-Tune isn't becoming "the Darrin show." The plan is to get a few movers and shakers, former guests, the occasional random listener, and important non-performing members of the Indianapolis music scene to step up to a mic once in a while. To that end, if you're interested in donning a headset and interviewing your favorite band, drop me a line, we'll set something up.
Important links from the show:
- Strange Face can be found here: (MySpace / Web Site) I promised the band I'd tell everyone not to visit the web site though.
- Co-Host Mark Miller can be found here: (MySpace / Web Site)
- As mentioned, Mark and Tim Spainhower (Show #007) recorded as an acoustic duo, called Into the Mystic, which later became a short-lived full band called Blue Tear (featuring a certain podcast host on keyboards). The first studio project was abandoned shortly after completion, but you can hear the complete, unmastered album on Reverb Nation.
- Though I found several, this was my favorite of the band name generators on the web.
- Two more bands mentioned worth checking out: Snoddy's older brother, Ryan, plays for the band Kramus. His younger brother, Blake, plays for 7 Days Away.
- And as usual these days, we implore listeners to check out savenetradio.org and learn how they can help protect on-line radio stations from a ten-fold increase in licensing fees imposed by the copyright association.
:: Music Webcasting Bill Gains Momentum
Show #019: State
|Darrin Snider is the music nerd responsible for founding Indy In-Tune Radio and the Indy In-Tune Podcast. By day he's a cloud engineer, which is fun, but he hopes to be an overnight freeform disc jockey someday.|
Blog comments powered by Disqus