Podcasts By Year2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2007, 2006, Upcoming Shows
Show #020: Sweet DilemmaBy: Darrin Snider (darrin at indyintune dot com)
Saturday, May 19, 2007 7:30:00 PM
|Click to Play or Right-Click/Save As to Download Podcast|
This is a show I've been waiting to do for a while. I first met Sweet Dilemma back in September through a mutual friend. It took a while to get schedules coordinated, and eventually it was Johnny Lyles at Lonewolf Media Entertainment who just sort of dropped them off at my favorite watering hole one night and told me to come record a podcast with them. (He apparently found them wandering aimlessly around the streets and persuaded them to get in his limo with some candy he keeps lying about for some reason.)
The "interesting" thing about strange face is that they maintain a unified, straight-forward rock and roll edge, despite varying musical backgrounds and tastes. The "truly unique" thing about them is that they play an all-ages friendly, PG-Rated set, yet still manage to appeal to both younger and older audiences alike -- no shock tactics, no gimmicks ... they do it using nothing but straightforward rock-and-roll.
And, you have to respect that!
Important links from the show:
- Sweet Dilemma can be found on the Internet here: MySpace / Web Site
- Their debut EP can be downloaded from most music distribution sites such as Napster, Rhapsody, iTunes, and Sony Connect.
- They have also produced videos of many of their popular songs which are available on YouTube.
- For those of you who have not done so already, sign up for an account and submit reviews of their music on GarageBand.com.
- The band occasionally does benefits to save school music programs along with the band 650 North (MySpace / Web Site).
- While we think that is an admirable cause, we also think you should help to save Internet radio, which is currently under attack by the Copyright Licensing Board.
Show #019: State
:: Music Webcasting Still in Danger After Small Stations Get Temporary Reprieve
|Darrin Snider is the music nerd responsible for founding Indy In-Tune Radio and the Indy In-Tune Podcast. By day he's a cloud engineer, which is fun, but he hopes to be an overnight freeform disc jockey someday.|
Blog comments powered by Disqus