Podcasts By Year2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2007, 2006, Upcoming Shows
Show #160: The Farewell Audition ReturnsBy: Darrin Snider (darrin at indyintune dot com)
Sunday, July 6, 2014 5:00:00 PM
|Click to Play or Right-Click/Save As to Download Podcast|
Big things are a brewin' in Naptown this week, for the first time in what seems like decades (though I'm sure it hasn't been that long, has it?) the Vogue opens its doors to three first-time acts -- The Farewell Audition, Coup d'Etat, and The Chicago Typewriters -- in an evening of all local, original music. Our friends at Shine Indy have been working on this one for months now, and they are pulling out all the stops to make sure this is going to be the event of the year. Indy In-Tune is proud to be a part of the festivities starting with the consecutive release of three podcasts featured the three bands and their latest music, set to be released that night. The action continues Wednesday night when we simulcast an exclusive live acoustic performance from Indy CD and Vinyl. Finally, join us on Friday when I, Darrin, serve as Master of Ceremonies for what is sure to be a magical night ... and those of you who know how I feel about crowds, strangers, and public speaking know what a big deal it is for me to subdue enochlophobia with copious amounts of alcohol and accept that singular honor.
First on the bill of a triple shot of podcasts, culled and sanitized from yesterday's live appearances by all three bands is The Farewell Audition, whom you first met last year when a slightly different configuration appeared live on the air. TFA features a high-intensity guitar attack, a ferocious rhythm section, and the occasional tasteful use of color-coordinated trumpet to produce a uniquely modern sound that has been wowing the crows for a couple of years now and inspiring a small legions of fiercely loyal fans that you see at every one of their shows. They have been frequent crowd favorites at Birdy's and the Battle, as well as other venues around town, and their songs are probably some of the most-requested on Indy In-Tune Radio, so it's probably fortuitous that they're about to unleash seven new ones on the world at large (well, six if you discount Baccardiac Arrest, which we've been playing for months now). Fans will also note that any time you get more than one of these guys on a mic, it's a great time, so this interview is certainly one you want to check out.
Links referenced in the show:
- The Farewell Audition can be found here: Facebook | ReverbNation
- They first appeared on Show #127 back almost two years ago.
- Tommy and former guitarist Jason EZ used to split their time between TFA and Audiodacity, before finally deciding to pair it down to one band each.
- Their debut release, Best Kept Secret, will be available at Shine Indy's Release Fest this Friday at The Vogue. Thereafter, you can find it at the usual suspects (Amazon | iTunes | BandCamp).
- The CD was produced and recorded by T.J. Hampton and Ryan Freeman of Launchpad Music in Plainfield, Indiana.
- They will be appearing at ReleaseFest along with Coup d'Etat and The Chicago Typewriters.
- Release fest is sponsored by Smoking Goose, Freehand Ink Tattoo Parlor, the DoIt Indy Radio Hour, The Flying Cupcake, Indy CD and Vinyl, Sun King Brewing, and Sam Ash Music
- You can catch a live, acoustic performance, sort of a pre-game warmup, this Wednesday at Indy CD and Vinyl
- While we hesitate to mention it, there was a shooting in Broad Ripple last weekend. Honestly, this is the first time we've ever seen any kind of problem like this, and we're in Broad Ripple after hours a lot. Please don't let this deter you from attending the festivities this weekend.
- Our second track, Toasting is for Breakfast, features the talents of Brent Hoffort on guitar.
- They were finalists at the Battle of Birdy's where Tommy managed to injure random audience members with his "Shiruken Pick Trick."
- They will be playing Shine on Nights on August 2 at Three D's Pub in Carmel with The Brakes and Brad Kleinschmidt.
- Ghost Busters will be returning to theaters for its 30th Anniversary. Good flick, if you've been living under a rock for 30 years and haven't seen it.
An In-Snide Look #214: Playlist Tuesday -- Darrin's Guilty Pleasures
Show #161: Coup D'eTat
|Darrin Snider is the music nerd responsible for founding Indy In-Tune Radio and the Indy In-Tune Podcast. By day he's a cloud engineer, which is fun, but he hopes to be an overnight freeform disc jockey someday.|
Blog comments powered by Disqus