Podcasts By Year2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2007, 2006, Upcoming Shows
Show #255: God Am ReturnsBy: Darrin Snider (darrin at indyintune dot com)
Sunday, April 2, 2017 7:00:00 PM
|Click to Play or Right-Click/Save As to Download Podcast|
God AM, last seen on the show about two years ago, has continued to expand their fan base and sphere of influence. While the genre has been on something of a decline here in Indy (owing mostly to the recent loss of such staple clubs as The Jukebox/5th Quarter and the Rock House), they have begun to make inroads up north in Lafayette and further south in Louisville, Kentucky. With the first two singles from their next release available now, and a half-dozen more planned over the course of the next few months, the band cleverly maintains a freshness and constant relevance with the local metal scene.
Possibly more amusing than hanging out the guys in the band, was watching our good friend Mike Myers devolve into Bubba Blue from Forrest Gump in an attempt to find a variety of metal music that has not yet been attempted by a local band, or possibly by any band anywhere before. Seriously, does anybody know of any original "banjo metal" bands? They don't even have to be good, really. We just need to know if this is a "thing." And yes, we know about the guy who does AC/DC and Sabbath covers on a banjo. We're talking original banjo metal.
Links Referenced in the Show:
- God Am can be found here: Web site | Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud< | Reverbnation | Musical Family Tree
- Random occupants of the co-hosting chairs for this episode are Kolo Bell and Mike M'ocean Myers
- All of the music heard on today's show can be found on their Bandcamp page.
- Last seen on Show 201 in 2015.
- The work pretty much exclusively these days with Stanford Stivers and Bioprism Studios
- Just in case you needed it, there is a definitive map of metal music, though it is the subject of much debate.
- Jethro Easyfields, last seen on Show #254 last week, joins us for the last part of show.
- Subscribe to our email list to get email updates when new episodes are released, as well as local music news and events.
Show #254: Jethro Easyfields Forever
Show #256: Shifty Digits
|Darrin Snider is the music nerd responsible for founding Indy In-Tune Radio and the Indy In-Tune Podcast. By day he's a cloud engineer, which is fun, but he hopes to be an overnight freeform disc jockey someday.|
Blog comments powered by Disqus