The Indy In-Tune Blog
Covering you from the front row, to backstage, and right out to the alley behind the club.
|By: Amy Foxworthy -- Friday, September 25, 2015|
Cootie Crabtree is an Indianapolis based singer/songwriter who rambles the county lines between Americana, Alt-Country, Rock, Strange Folk & Rootsy Blues... (Read Full Article)
|By: Amy Foxworthy -- Thursday, November 13, 2014|
Last Friday I had the opportunity to attend "The Show" at Coal Yard Coffee/5547 Project Gallery in the Irvington part of Indy, and I'm immensely delighted that I did.... (Read Full Article)
|By: Amy Foxworthy -- Thursday, November 6, 2014|
WHAT: "The Show"
WHEN: First Friday - November 7th
WHERE: 5547 BONNA AVE, INDIANAPOLIS, IN 46219 (located in the historic Irvington area)
FREE and open to All Ages
See art by 18 new artists as well as live music from the Landon Keller and the ... (Read Full Article)
|By: Amy Foxworthy -- Wednesday, October 8, 2014|
Foxy@Indy In-Tune: Hello, and thanks so much for talking with us; its an honor! Were really excited to be a part of the upcoming, sure-to-be-epic event at Sabbatical on October 11th where you will actually be recording your new album live, correct?? Tel... (Read Full Article)
|By: Amy Foxworthy -- Tuesday, October 7, 2014|
Disclosure: Sam Ash Music is a sponsor of Indy In-Tune, and Indy In-Tune is a sponsor of Shine Indy.
What: 17 local acts, starting with the teen bands of Sam Ash Music's Ash Rock Program leading up... (Read Full Article)
|By: Amy Foxworthy -- Monday, May 26, 2014|
you have never heard Gringo Star's music, the best way I can think to
describe it would be....psychedelic indie 50's/60's garage surf punk
rockabillyish experimental doo wop.† If that doesn't make sense now, it
will after you hear the... (Read Full Article)
|By: Darrin Snider -- Wednesday, June 3, 2009|
And what does it have to do with Episode #044 of the Indy In-Tune Podcast?... (Read Full Article)
|By: Darrin Snider -- Monday, May 25, 2009|
Since a hectic schedule this week means no new Indy In-Tune episodes until at least next week, I thought I'd at least give you guys a preview of what to expect. Both of these shows are scheduled to be recorded this evening, so this also assumes both inter... (Read Full Article)
Back by popular demand for a limited time only, "I support local music ... and yes, that does make me better than you." Show the world that you, too, are a proud elitist music snob!
Get yours before time runs out...
Solicitations and Submissions
Solicitations for blog posts can be made by sending and email to "blog -at- indyintune -dot- com" and should follow these guidelines:
- Local (Indianapolis-based) acts always have priority.
- Visisting acts playing a bill with one or more local acts are also considered.
- We generally don't like to repeat content found on other sites. If your request already has a lot of coverage on other sites, it will be considered low-priority unless you can give us an exclusive angle.
- For obvious reasons, we don't do solicited album reviews, though we do appreciate you letting us know when you have a new release. Consider coming in and talking about the album yourself live on the air or a podcast.
- All of our staff writers are unpaid enthusiasts. All requests for blog posts are entirely at their descretion.
- As such, they generally need a lot of lead-time to put something out -- we're talking weeks of lead time, not hours.
- That said, individual authors have full authority to ignore the following guidelines and write whatever they want ... if you can convince them to.
- In addition, feel free to write your own post and submit it for posting as a "guest blogger." Those almost always get accepted.
- Finally, regional or national acts submitting without meeting the above guidelines are generally ignored. We're not trying to be dicks, but if you send us a generic form-letter with your press release, and it doesn't even remotely concern a local artist or event, then you're not part of our core focus.
© 2006 - 2021 | Site design and coding by Darrin Snider
| Content by Indy In-Tune and the Credited Artists and Writers | Layout by HTML5 UP