The Indy In-Tune Blog
Covering you from the front row, to backstage, and right out to the alley behind the club.
|By: Lizzy B -- Thursday, January 31, 2019|
Most of my friends are in bands. That's because the only time I get out is with the girls to go to a bar, and let's face it, while they're sitting around gossiping, I'm checking out the guitarist – habit of a lifetime, I'm afraid. This leads to the other... (Read Full Article)
|By: Lizzy B -- Thursday, January 24, 2019|
Last week, I started listing ten things your band was probably doing wrong. There's a flow here so you're going to need to go back and read that now. This week we're going to finish off the last five. Though, trust me, there are a lot more than ten thin... (Read Full Article)
|By: Lizzy B -- Thursday, January 17, 2019|
So you've got a band (obviously, or you're probably not reading this). You've written some songs (hopefully, or you're just a band impersonator). You've done a demo, maybe a full album (with luck you've done that correctly, more on that in a future post)... (Read Full Article)
|By: Lizzy B -- Thursday, January 10, 2019|
Stop me if you've heard this one before:
A bar owner takes out an ad asking for a band to come play for free and bring about 25 people, maybe it will turn into a full-time gig. Either way, it's excellent publicity for his music. The next week a musician... (Read Full Article)
|By: Lizzy B -- Thursday, January 3, 2019|
I've been writing about Indianapolis music for, let's just say, a few years now. I've been a fan and attendee of local shows for even longer. During this time I've seen the scene go through more highs and lows than a bi-polar teenager on Facebook who just... (Read Full Article)
Back by popular demand for a limited time only, "I support local music ... and yes, that does make me better than you." Show the world that you, too, are a proud elitist music snob!
Get yours before time runs out...
Solicitations and Submissions
Solicitations for blog posts can be made by sending and email to "blog -at- indyintune -dot- com" and should follow these guidelines:
- Local (Indianapolis-based) acts always have priority.
- Visisting acts playing a bill with one or more local acts are also considered.
- We generally don't like to repeat content found on other sites. If your request already has a lot of coverage on other sites, it will be considered low-priority unless you can give us an exclusive angle.
- For obvious reasons, we don't do solicited album reviews, though we do appreciate you letting us know when you have a new release. Consider coming in and talking about the album yourself live on the air or a podcast.
- All of our staff writers are unpaid enthusiasts. All requests for blog posts are entirely at their descretion.
- As such, they generally need a lot of lead-time to put something out -- we're talking weeks of lead time, not hours.
- That said, individual authors have full authority to ignore the following guidelines and write whatever they want ... if you can convince them to.
- In addition, feel free to write your own post and submit it for posting as a "guest blogger." Those almost always get accepted.
- Finally, regional or national acts submitting without meeting the above guidelines are generally ignored. We're not trying to be dicks, but if you send us a generic form-letter with your press release, and it doesn't even remotely concern a local artist or event, then you're not part of our core focus.
© 2006 - 2021 | Site design and coding by Darrin Snider
| Content by Indy In-Tune and the Credited Artists and Writers | Layout by HTML5 UP