The Indy In-Tune Blog
Covering you from the front row, to backstage, and right out to the alley behind the club.
|By: Darrin Snider -- Monday, March 18, 2019|
Paying tribute to one of my long-standing favorite musicians, and the man who got me through my difficult formative years …... (Read Full Article)
|By: Darrin Snider -- Monday, March 11, 2019|
By request, since I make every one of my guests fess up, I might as well give mine.... (Read Full Article)
|By: Darrin Snider -- Monday, March 4, 2019|
Rather than do another eclectic week, how about a more laid-back, relaxing playlist?... (Read Full Article)
|By: Darrin Snider -- Monday, February 25, 2019|
We've all got stuff we've just randomly come across that we're pretty sure we're the only person who's heard it. No? Just me?... (Read Full Article)
|By: Darrin Snider -- Monday, February 18, 2019|
Seriously though, aren't you surprised I made it almost two months without going "prog nerd" on you guys?... (Read Full Article)
|By: Darrin Snider -- Monday, February 11, 2019|
Did you ever have that one mix tape you played so long that the order is forever engrained in your head? I have one in particular…... (Read Full Article)
|By: Darrin Snider -- Monday, February 4, 2019|
A tribute to those cover versions of popular songs that are completely reinterpretations in a style you wouldn't think they would work in, but they do.... (Read Full Article)
|By: Darrin Snider -- Monday, January 28, 2019|
I do like to pride myself of having a breadth of musical tastes. While I don't often listen, except when I'm in a rare mood, these are my favorite punk songs.... (Read Full Article)
|By: Darrin Snider -- Monday, January 21, 2019|
I don't have a cover band. However, if I did, THIS is what we would be playing…... (Read Full Article)
|By: Darrin Snider -- Monday, January 14, 2019|
This week's mix tape revolves around great songs by popular artists that were lost to time because they weren't released as singles, never made it to the greatest hits album, and kids these days never go back and listen to the original sources. ... (Read Full Article)
|By: Darrin Snider -- Monday, January 7, 2019|
New Year's Resolution time. I'm going to try to get more active with the blog around here (since nobody else will). So, in order to keep content going, unless I have something more vital to say, Monday's are now going to be "Mix Tape Mondays."... (Read Full Article)
|By: Darrin Snider -- Wednesday, July 10, 2013|
As long as I've been on the subject of unexpected downsides to be being me, here's another one:
“Hey, can you listen to this track and let me know what you think?”
The problem isn't so much coming up with something to say, that part is easy. The prob... (Read Full Article)
|By: Brandon Cannon -- Saturday, April 13, 2013|
There are hundreds of talented local acts playing every week in our great city. Some you might know and some you might not. Seeing as musicians are only as strong as the support they to give each other, I thought I would point out some local acts each mont... (Read Full Article)
Handy places to visit if you are part of, or want to know more about, our music scene ...
Solicitations and Submissions
Solicitations for blog posts can be made by sending and email to "blog -at- indyintune -dot- com" and should follow these guidelines:
- Local (Indianapolis-based) acts always have priority.
- Visisting acts playing a bill with one or more local acts are also considered.
- We generally don't like to repeat content found on other sites. If your request already has a lot of coverage on other sites, it will be considered low-priority unless you can give us an exclusive angle.
- For obvious reasons, we don't do solicited album reviews, though we do appreciate you letting us know when you have a new release. Consider coming in and talking about the album yourself live on the air or a podcast.
- All of our staff writers are unpaid enthusiasts. All requests for blog posts are entirely at their descretion.
- As such, they generally need a lot of lead-time to put something out -- we're talking weeks of lead time, not hours.
- That said, individual authors have full authority to ignore the following guidelines and write whatever they want ... if you can convince them to.
- In addition, feel free to write your own post and submit it for posting as a "guest blogger." Those almost always get accepted.
- Finally, regional or national acts submitting without meeting the above guidelines are generally ignored. We're not trying to be dicks, but if you send us a generic form-letter with your press release, and it doesn't even remotely concern a local artist or event, then you're not part of our core focus.
© 2006 - 2019 | Site design and coding by Darrin Snider
| Content by Indy In-Tune and the Credited Artists and Writers | Layout by HTML5 UP